Updated. These videos from the NHS in Igbo, Yoruba, Somali, Arabic etc about COVID 19 are very useful:
Also Healthy Brum events for those based in Birmingham with Cllr Paulette Hamilton: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/healthy-brum-32374688487
And if any of the group want to sign up to be COVID-19 community champions can do that here: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/50231/coronavirus_covid-19/2256/covid-19_community_champions/3
Or if from Sandwell just contact Anna Blennerhassett – Rosemary has the details.
Update – Registering with a Doctor and COVID vaccination
From an info session on Covid 19 vaccine organised by Doctors of the World. The overall message is that people need to register with GP in order to access the vaccine and that GPs should not refuse to register people on the basis that they do not have proof of ID or proof of address as well on their immigration status. However, some people might still be having issues registering with GPs and DOTW managed pulled together loads of resources to help individuals and organisations on the rights of registering with GP and access to Vaccine, Covid test as well as Covid treatment.
Please see some of the links below, which might be useful to share with your group as well.
- Subscribe for regular updates and briefing: https://bit.ly/2Zz7AGU
- Complete survey on where the needs are in translated resources: https://forms.gle/hUMwsj3KD5f6viUKA
- Learn more about Safe Surgeries www.bit.ly/safesurgeries and register your practice www.bit.ly/newsafesurgery
- Inclusion Health Self-Assessment Tool https://www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/inclusion-health-self-assessment-tool/
- Translated Health Information for Patients https://www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/translated-health-information/
- DOTW Covid-19 Vaccine Policy Briefing
- NHS England Access Card resources (digital cards, info poster, twitter graphic and GP poster) https://www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/gp-access-cards/
- NHS England How to register with a GP Leaflet (Asylum Seekers & Refugees)
- NHS England How to register with a GP Leaflet (People who are homeless)
- NHS England How to register with a GP Leaflet (Gypsy, Traveller and Roma communities)
- NHS England Primary Medical Care Policy & Guidance
- Scottish Government Patient Registration: A guide for medical providers of general medicine in Scotland
- British Medical Association Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health Resource (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Safe Surgeries Covid-19 Toolkit
- Safe Surgeries Toolkit for Commissioners
- Safe Surgeries Quick reference Poster for Reception Staff
- Safe Surgeries Know Your Rights Poster (translations)
Doctors of the World COVID Project
Doctors of the World UK (DOTW) has launched a Covid-19 vaccine advocacy project to ensure that everyone in the UK has access to the vaccine, regardless of immigration status. As well as producing translated Covid-19 information resources, DOTW will play a proactive advocacy and coordination role in relation to the roll out of the Covid-19 vaccine programme.
The project aim is to ensure that the vaccine programme is equally available to all in the UK, regardless of immigration status.
Click for the DOTW COVID Project Leaflet